Thursday, April 24, 2014

Will Heaven be Partitioned?

By Dan Barber

There are many beliefs from many theological philosophies, and pretty much everyone has a strong opinion about whatever they believe to be the truth.

Scientists think they have answered the question about how old the universe is with mathematical formulas and observations and they are certain that it came about with a big bang, and they have even speculated that maybe it wasn’t the first big bang nor will it be the last. No human that we know of was around at that time, and the odds are there won’t be any around for the next, so actual observation is impossible. The smartest theoretical physicist around today can’t say what sparked our big bang. They do postulate that one day our universe will probably collapse back upon itself into another speck of nothing, which will once again explode into a new universe.

Some scientists also think we have multiple universes, which might explain why some people have multiple personalities…maybe?

We all have free will unless we live in an oppressed society like North Korea or some select country or Emirate of the Middle East.

Could it be possible that what we believe the afterlife to be will actually happen to us after death? Will the faithful Christian be met at the pearly gate by Jesus Christ and a host of beautiful Angels? Will the lights go out for the Atheist sending him or her into an eternal blackness?

Some Physicians state that what people experience as a “near death” event is just a chemical reaction in the brain… if that’s the truth it would make sense that our own experiences, beliefs and knowledge would be mixed together to justify our own personal belief of what happens after death. I wonder if any of those physicians have done an actual analysis of the “brain chemicals” of a near death patient to prove what they claim, or do we just have to have “faith” in the truth of what they say? I was once told by a health care professional that there is a reason the phrase “practicing medicine” is used because it is just that…“practicing” meaning that medicine is still not an exact science.

I’m sure of one thing, I have read a lot of reports that many Atheists become religious after a “near death” experience.

I personally accept God as real. I get a great deal of comfort knowing that something will happen after my death… I don’t have a death wish, but as a writer I am very curious to find the definitive answer that many of us chase after our entire life. I can sit for long periods of time and dream about what could happen to our conscious being after death. Is our Heaven personalized for each of us where we get to relive all of the joyous experiences of our life repeatedly? Will we be able to spiritually look after our loved ones we left behind? Will we be ghosts wandering the world of the living forever? Will our souls be recycled and sent back as another of God’s living creatures…human, or critter? Or do we spend all of eternity with every righteous individual who has ever lived and believed?

I sometimes worry about what does eternity feel like? Some people want to live “forever,” not me. I knew at an early age that I would try to live my life as best I could for as long as I could, but I knew that one day I would reach a point where I would be so tired or sick that death would be welcomed. I do not wish to survive any of my loved ones and I don’t want them to mourn my passing. I would hope that they would celebrate my life and have the knowledge that I finally found the answer to a life-long quest.

Some who believe in ancient aliens might think that we were planted on this planet for some unknown reason, also might even be right…how can anyone be so presumptuous to actually know the absolute truth about anything as mysterious as life after death. Perhaps an intellectual being implanted souls in every living thing in the universe to gather knowledge which can then travel back to the great Gathering Of Data (GOD) computer to download the information upon death.


For thousands of years people have been searching for the truth of, who or why they are…you can fill in the blank. I don’t have any answers. But one day I will, however I’m not going to tell you so don’t try to contact me in my afterlife, I will be too busy trying to figure out what I’m going to do to fill all the time I have in eternity.

No comments:

Post a Comment